We’re hiring a Project Manager!
We’re looking for a new Project Manager to join the team, work from anywhere, flexi-hours and great training opportunities.
Yellow Sub Creative – Project Manager
Job Type: Full time / Part time
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
We are seeking an enthusiastic, organised and skilled Project Manager to join the Yellow Sub Creative crew. The ideal candidate would have experience working in a creative/digital agency combined with an empathetic, flexible approach, and a willingness to delve into new and exciting project sectors.
Our team is young, dynamic, and already making a positive impact. We are looking for an equally driven and mindful individual to help complete our eclectic mix of seasoned pros, fresh young minds, and savvy creatives to steer the wheel and deliver great projects. Working alongside the Creative Director, you will use your organisational skills to execute ideas, forecast project work and be a wonderful team player that ‘gets the job done.’ It is not all about us though, in turn we offer meaningful work, wellbeing prioritised and a chance to explore and develop your own processes.
At Yellow Sub, we like to do things a little differently. Look within and you will find a group of entities connected by a triple bottom line to equitably weigh People, Planet and Profit. Oh, and we’re part of a B Corp group!
Join us and you will have the ability to shape your own future and carve out a way of working and living that is balanced and fulfilling. We’re offering a ‘work from anywhere’ policy as standard, giving you the freedom to work from the comfort of your own sailboat – if that’s your bag. For more social days, we have a small co-working space to gather and collaborate.
We trust our team to deliver their work, no matter where they are. We have 4 values that we live by as Yellow Sub Group.
- Come as you are
- Embrace discomfort
- Create visible and invisible change
- Relentless curiosity
More about theYellow Sub Group and our values here: yellowsub.life
Roles and responsibilities:
- Onboarding new clients and defining working relationships/patterns
- Project planning: creating road maps of work based on scope, timelines, tasks, and deliverables.
- Resource planning; running weekly resourcing meetings, booking of resources against programmes of work.
- Project management of the full design project lifecycle. Including the clear articulation of the brief/deliverables/timelines to the creative team, organising regular client meetings, managing scope/creep, and ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Working alongside the Business Development team farming further sales from clients; support in scoping/writing proposals, tendering/pitching and presenting proposals Proactively keeping abreast of our client’s brands to seek out new opportunities, generate new briefs and deliver outstanding work.
- To manage emails and Slack channels ensuring that both client and YSC team are on top of communications.
- To manage tracking and reporting of team hours on required projects.
- Keep documentation and record key decisions in client meetings.
- Escalating issues when needed, proactively resolving problems, and making critical decisions with the management team.
- Proactively staying ahead of the curve on the agency’s specialties and core competencies and offering advice to clients on products or services.
Specific skills required for the role:
As our Project Manager you will have excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills, further skills needed for the role are:
- Experience of PM software: such as Monday, Harvest, Forecast, Asana
- Minimum 3 (!) years of PM experience in a creative agency
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, across multiple channels (i.e., email, SMS, chat)
- Excellent listening skills
- Positive and problem-solving attitude
- Business and financial acumen
- Ability to explain and describe all elements of a creative proposal/brief
- Ability to act on client feedback and provide meaningful solutions
- Ability to compile and present reports to management
- Ability to identify client needs and act upon new areas for growth and increase sales
- Ability to instil confidence and develop relationships with C-suite clients and important stakeholders across organisational hierarchies
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment
- Ability to work to and within deadlines
Why our team like working here
- A shiny new computer (Mac or PC), whatever floats your sub! (Haha get it).
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays and your birthday off.
- Access to training to boost your superpowers even further!
- Away days like no other.
- Purposeful work, equitably weighing people, planet & profit
- Competitive salary.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 9-12 months
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Sick pay
- Wellness programme
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cardiff: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Project Management: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Cardiff
Application deadline: 28/03/2023