Mid Weight Developer
We are looking for another super coder to join the Yellow Sub Creative crew! A Developer like no other. We are seeking that certain someone with a firm grasp of the fundamentals paired with enthusiasm for the new, and a willingness to delve into the unknown waters of front end development and R&D.
Our team is fresh out of the blocks and already making an impact. We’re looking for an equally driven and mindful individual to complete our eclectic mix of seasoned pros and media savvy creatives. Working alongside the Creative Director and Designers you will use your great development skills to execute ideas, build impactful interfaces from the teams visuals, and also be a great team player that ‘gets the job done’.
People, Planet, Profit
Yellow Sub is all about creating engaging digital user experiences that resonate with our clients needs but also get us excited in the same breathe. Our sustainable approach to business and our clientele permeates our very existence. We have adopted a triple bottom-line (People. Planet. Profit) approach in the belief that business should be a force for good and that ‘People’ and ‘Planet’ should come before ‘Profit’ and are seeking BCorp accredition to hold ourselves accountable to these principles.
Investing in you!
As a shipmate on this land and seafaring adventure you will have the ability to shape your own future, to carve out a way of working and living that is balanced and fulfilling. We’re offering a ‘work from anywhere’ policy as standard, giving you the freedom to code from the comfort of your own sailboat, if that’s your bag.
Typical tasks for a seasoned pro with the Mighty Yellow Sub may entail the following but are not exhaustive:
- Understand project requirements and concepts and be able to take instruction to fulfill company briefs.
- Use various techniques to create prototypes using the likes of Figma, XD, InVision and Balsamiq as well as the good ol sketchbook or digital drawing tools.
- Execute well to deliver (digital interfaces and online experiences through to finished websites)
- Present wireframes, mockups, code reviews and ideas internally and externally to clients, over time.
- Collaborate with team members to deliver and launch digital products that will turn heads!
- Take on tasks that push you out of your comfort zone (e.g. 3D modelling for the web three.js, d3.js and Canvas)
- Collaborating on R&D and innovation ideas we’re all passionate about.
- Ability to take on board direction but also confident to challenge convention.
- 3+ years experience within creative or web dev practice
- Demonstration of HTML/CSS/JS –
- HTML5 modern web standard skills and working with preprocessors ready for build, i.e. grunt, webpack etc.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development
- Desirable .NET, C and C#, but not essential
- Experience/Evidence of version control systems i.e. Github or Bitbucket
- Experience with UI software (e.g. XD, Photoshop, InVision, Balsamiq) as well as code editors and version control.
- Capable of providing and taking on board constructive criticism
- Great communicator of ideas
- Eat, sleep and breathe clean code and good folder structure
- Primed with industry best practices for modern web development
- Analytical approach to development
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Pixel perfect eye for detail
- Time management and multi–tasking capabilities.
- Qualification in a development related field or ability to demonstrate commercial experience up to a mid weight developer responsibilities or beyond.
- Out of all of the above, demonstrate technical mastery and problem solving skills, coupled with a desire to learn and to make a difference.
- A shiny new computer (Mac or PC), whatever floats your sub! (haha get it).
- 25 days holiday, 5 mellow yellow days (Duvet or do what you want days to get your mindset ready for the next wave of awesome digital experiences) and your birthday off.
- Access to training to boost your super powers even further!
- Away days like no other.
- Competitive salary.
If this sounds like you, then send you eye popping portfolio and links code examples (Github/Bitbucket) to email@example.com